Pages

Friday, October 10, 2008

We went into the town of Sonora to a little Scrap Store that I always go to when I'm there. I saw these adorable cards. You start off with a clear transparency, stamp your image with Staz On ink. Then take your Tim Holtz Inks and start blotting different colors directly onto the samped image. Take the finished transparency and matt it onto cardstock or which ever paper you prefer. I wouldn't matt it until you are completely done inking, as inks do get messy. Isn't it cool? I have to get my inks out and do one. I thought of something, to stamp a Christmas image and then use the inks. I think it would be really pretty for Christmas cards this year. Since my "back" situation, I haven't sent out Christmas cards, but I do send ones to relatives in Boston, MA. So, maybe just making a few of these would be nice, and something different, and it's also a fun technique! Any project using the inks are awesome. They're called "Adirondack Alcohol Inks", by Tim Holtz. They come in so many colors and they are all so beautiful. (I had a thought) so I went into my metal tin that houses my inks, the first ink bottle I pulled up to check was "Red Pepper". You'll know what I mean when you read further into this blog about my trip.

No comments: